I love to sew for myself, but it’s really magical teaching someone else how to sew. When they learn a new skill or sew a sleeve for the first time, I see the confidence and excitement in their eyes. It makes it all worth it!
I can’t have everyone in a classroom with me, so sharing a blog post with sewing tips and tutorials is the next best thing. Do you want to learn about different sewing machine needles?
I feel like I’ve learned a lot about different fabrics, fabric weights, and using the right sewing machine needles in the last couple of years. I have been sewing for a long time, and I’ve made so many mistakes. I’ve used the wrong needle on fabric and basically ruined the fabric.
Sometimes I’m lazy and don’t change my needle when I need to, but the important thing is that I’ve learned from my mistakes. The right sewing machine needle can make or ruin your sewing project! Here’s a graphic for how different sewing machine needles!
Sewing Machine Needles
Do you want to learn how to sew? Here’s some other posts you’ll like:
- tips for sewing tip fabrics
- three different ways to hem knits
- basics of sewing machine needles
- how to trim and grade seams
- how to understitch
- how to topstitch
- edgestitch vs topstitch
- three ways to seam rip
- how to stitch in the ditch
- how to gather
- how to make ruffles without gathering
- how to sew a clean finish
- how to mend a hole
- how to sew curves: clipping v notching
- 8 best fabrics for sewing clothing
- 8 things I wish I could tell myself before I started sewing
- what helped me stop sewing “unworns” and how to sew loved items