On these I skipped threading the tie all the way around and just sewed on a little bow to the front. I didn’t alter the pattern at all so they are shorter than they are supposed to be, but I wouldn’t have had enough fabric otherwise. I paired these pants with my ASOS nursing top. It’s comfortable for staying in, but nice enough for going out!
It’s so fun and girly, and these pants are SO comfortable. I want to wear them everyday all day.
My second pair I used black sweatshirt fleece that I had in my stash and added some medallion print terry knit. I lengthened the pattern six inches because I’m tall and pieced a tuxedo stripe down the side. I used the terry knit on the main pocket piece and on the stripe.
The stripe adds such an awesome detail. I love it. I love these pants also because I’ve never had sweatpants long enough for my legs! They’re always so short that I have to wear them really low on my hips which isn’t too comfortable.
On these pants I added the tie to the waistband, and I think I prefer the tie going all the way around instead of skipping it like my first ones. I’m so happy with both these pants though and really enjoyed using this pattern.
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!