Do you enjoy making gifts? I usually have dreams of all the things I could make for family and friends, but I never make the time to actually do it. I love making clothing for myself and others, but it’s tricky making clothing to give if you don’t know someone’s size. I know it’s possible to make clothing that can be “one size fits all” or clothing that you just need an estimate of their size to be able to create it. Besides creating clothing that needs little to no fitting, how about free patterns to make your life that much simpler! I found 10 free sewing patterns for women that are perfect for giving as gifts!
- Fringe Scarf Free Pattern and Tutorial – Everyone deserves a pretty scarf, and this one is so easy. A scarf fits anyone, and you can pick the perfect fabric that reminds you of the one receiving your gift.
- Draped Cardigan Free Pattern Pattern and Tutorial – This cardigan will fit any woman in your life. It’s not a quick sew, but it is an easy sew. You can make this cardigan only using a straight stitch and no serger. It looks great in a cable sweater knit!
- Curved Hem Skirt Free Pattern and Tutorial – Curved hems are flattering and since this skirt has an elastic waist it has a forgiving fit. The free pattern comes in multiple sizes so you can pick the one that’s the closest.
- Circle Skirt Free Pattern and Tutorial – Circle skirts are so flattering and all that’s needed is the waist measurement. These skirts don’t even a closure, so they are really quick to sew.
- Adjustable One-Seam Wrap Skirt Free Pattern and Tutorial – This wrap skirt fits multiple sizes and can adjust to different sizes. It’s also a wrap skirt that doesn’t flash anyone, and tt is also really easy to sew since it only has one seam!
- Nursing-Friendly Nightgown Tutorial – Do you need a gift for a new mom? I would’ve loved this nursing-friendly nightgown to wear with a new baby around. It looks comfortable, cute, and it’s functional. You could choose really pretty fabric to make a mom feel pretty!
- Dish Towel Apron Tutorial – Need a gift for a baker? Aprons are great and fit multiple sizes. This tutorial is super quick since it uses a dish towel for part of the apron! Aprons are easy to make and fun to receive as a gift!
- Running Belt Free Pattern and Tutorial – If you have someone in your life who is starting to workout or already loves working out, this running belt is for them. It’s easy to sew and is really handy to have!
- Beanie Free Pattern and Tutorial – Hats fit anyone and are really fast to sew. You can go crazy with patterned fabric or simple with a solid fabric. You could use up your scraps and make lots and lots of hats for everyone in your life!
- Zipper Pouch Free Pattern and Tutorial – A simple zipper pouch is a great gift since it’s so versatile and easy to sew. You can choose some really pretty fabric, and these are easy enough that you could make multiple pouches!
Which one do you want to make for a gift, and which one do you want to get as a gift?