I am so excited to share today’s tutorial with you! A ruffle bum tshirt romper: is there anything cuter? I was so excited to make this and put it on my baby. This was my first variation idea and the other ones came after. I couldn’t get this one out of my head, so I had to create it. It’s so easy to make and just a couple extra steps to the regular tshirt romper tutorial.
1. Use the tshirt romper instructions to cut out the pieces.
2. Cut four strips of fabric (either matching or coordinating) 20″ x 3/4″.
3. Sew a basting stitch down the center of each strip of fabric.
4. Pull the bobbin thread to gather the fabric.
5. Lay out the ruffles along the back romper just above the inseam about 1/2″. Line up the short edges with the sides of the romper. Adjust the gathering as needed. Pin.
6. Sew with a zigzag stitch down the middle of each ruffle.
7. When sewing on the gusset, make sure the ruffles don’t get caught in the seam.
8. Construct the rest of the rumper as instructed by the tshirt romper tutorial.